Regular Nightly Lodging Rates
Guests (All Ages)
1 Night $24.00 per person
Infants (up to 2)
|Picnic/ Day Groups||
$250 per goup
Minimum Occupancy Fee for Lodging:
- Cabin $50.00
- Lodge $150.00
Reservation Deposit: A completed reservation form and a deposit are due 90 days prior to the date of your arrival. The following deposits are required:
- Overnight groups $300.00
- Day/Picnic groups: $75.00
Cancellation Policy: The reservation deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE if the cancellation is made within 90 days of the reservation date.
Check In/Out: Upon arrival, the group leader should check in at the camp office. Checkout time is 12 NOON (checkout time is subject to change at anytime).
Damages/Extra Cleaning: The group leader should report any pre-existing damages to the camp staff as soon as possible. Damages inflicted by the group will be charged to the group on the basis of the cost of materials and labor. All persons are expected to treat the camp with respect.
Proof of Insurance: Please include with your reservation form a copy your liability insurance coverage. A minimum of $500,000 liability coverage is required. Camp Tekoa does not provide sickness/accident insurance. In addition, you will be required to sign a liability waiver.
Please remember to bring:
- Names and addresses of all participants
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Signed "Permission to Treat" waivers for minors
- A list of any persons with known allergies or health conditions requiring treatment or restriction
Fine for any use of tobacco/alcohol products: A $200 FINE will be charged to the group if anyone in the group violates this policy and/or evidence is found in or around the facilities after the group departs.
Linens: Linens are not furnished by the camp.
Telephone: Emergency phone numbers are posted on the corkboard near the phone.
Group leaders are responsible for sharing Camp Tekoa's rules and policies with participants prior to arrival. Camp Tekoa reserves the right to place groups in lodging facilities best suited for the size of each group. All information on this page is subject to change at any time, including the rates.
- Three-acre lake*
- Canoes and paddleboats
- Fishing, swimming
- Diving dock, and marked shallow area for non-swimmers
- Sand beach area
- High Ropes Course**
- Ziplines** (over the lake!) (Big Zipline 450 feet)
- 40' Climbing tower and mini climbing wall
- Tree Climb**
- Rope Swing**
- Hiking and biking trails - including Meditation Trail
- Challenge course**
- Climbing Tower**
- Campfire circle (seats 290)
- Outdoor chapel (seats 100)
- Activity field with soccer goals
- Volleyball court
- Outdoor basketball court
- Picnic shelter
* Due to the lake water level being lowered for maintenance purposes, lake activities may be prohibited in December - February.
**For definitions of these items see the Tekoa's Element Dictionary.
2014 Program Fees:
- Tree Climb -$50.00 per hour/per group
- Zipline - $80.00 per hour/per group
- Climbing Tower - $90.00 for 2 hours / $45 per hour after 2 hours
- Waterfront (Swimming) - $65 per hour (This includes a minimum of 2 certified lifeguards)
- Low Ropes Course**** - $25.00 per hour/per group (Maximum 15 people per group)
- High Ropes Course - $250 for 3 hours / $80 per hour after 3 hours
- Giant Swing - $80 per hour
- Big Zipline - $120 for 2 hours / $60 per hour after 2 hours
- Boats - $20 per hour
- Rope Swing - $20 per hour
Groups may NOT provide their own lifeguard(s).
**** Each element in the challenge course presents a physical problem to be solved by ingenuity and cooperation. Instructors will relate each element to our Christian walk with Jesus Christ. Groups that have more than 15 people will be divided into smaller groups.
Due to the increased risk and liability involved with the use of the Challenge Course, groups will no longer be permitted to use the course without the supervision of Camp Tekoa Staff. Groups will need to schedule the challenge course based on the charges and group sizes listed above.
2014 Picnic/Day Groups:
$250.00 per group
Camp Tekoa is the ideal spot to conduct your next group conference or retreat. There's no better place for a meeting than in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.
Camp Tekoa is a place for touching hearts, changing lives, and sharing the Light of Christ. From mid-August to mid-May Camp Tekoa is host to church group retreats, church picnics, school and community groups, college retreats, specialty camps for older adults, young adults, and the developmentally disabled.